Welcome to the University of La Verne. We are happy to have you join the Leo Family! We are a diverse and supportive community of faculty, staff, and students. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of all students.
Student Affairs Mission
Student Affairs at the University of La Verne enhances the intellectual, social, ethical, personal, and professional development of our students and prepares them to become engaged and constructive members of a diverse and inclusive global community.
We define “Our Students” to mean: Traditional Undergraduate Students, “Adult” Students, Graduate Students, Students at the Regional Campuses, and On-Line.
Student Affairs Goals
The Division achieves its Mission and supports the Mission of the University and the University’s Strategic Vision themes (High-Value Education, Holistic Education, Inclusive Environment and Culture of Excellence and Innovation) through the following core goals:
- Sense of Belonging: To foster a “sense of belonging” and community.
- Diversity: To foster a climate where inclusivity, cultural agility, valuing of differences and dialogue take place.
- Health and Wellbeing: Using a holistic approach, to provide services that assist students in being healthy, being well, and engaging in self-care.
- Safety: To facilitate a safe and healthy environment where students can thrive.
- Campus Life, Leadership and Engagement: To inspire a vibrant campus life by engaging students in participation, service, and leadership both on and off campus.
- Academic and Professional Success: To support students in their academic pursuits and personal explorations.
- Citizenship: To engage students in responsible citizenship.
Student Affairs Values
In alignment with the University’s Mission and Values, the Division of Student Affairs engages its work by striving to adhere to the following values:
- Accountability and Integrity
- Developmental and Empowering Culture
- Communication and Dialogue
- Diversity, Cultural Agility, and Equity Mindedness
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Being an Active Learning Organization and Individuals
- Being Student Centered
The Student Affairs Team